Naturopath for Fertility
Michelle Blum, a Brisbane based Naturopath offers women a natural approach to fertility, IVF and pregnancy.
As a Brisbane based Fertility Naturopath I treat individuals and couples who:
- are doing ART including IVF and IUI
- are trying to conceive through natural means
- have been diagnosed as having unexplained infertility
- have been trying to conceive for a while with poor to no results
- have had numerous miscarriages
- have been given a hormonal, reproductive, endocrine health diagnosis and would like support in getting pregnant
- have not been given a specific diagnosis but may need to address some irregularities in their menstrual cycle and wish to become pregnant
- who are planning to conceive but wish to embark on a pre-conception health plan
- are in a same sex partnership or are single and are using a sperm donor
- Male fertility issues
As a Fertility Naturopath some of the ways in which I investigate your fertility concerns are as follows:
- Interpretation of standard/routine blood tests that you get through a GP to assess your general health and identify any nutritional anomalies or biochemical pathways that warrant treatment.
- Analysis of hormone testing at specific days of the menstrual cycle as observed through blood tests and correcting any imbalances
- Targeting and treating any diagnosed reproductive, hormonal or endocrine health issues such as thyroid disorders, PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibroids, Irregular or absent periods for example.
- Identifying any other causative factors
- Teaching and encouraging basal body temperature charting and mucus observations to help paint a picture of your hormonal status
- Assessing and remedying dietary and lifestyle factors
- Providing nourishing and nutritionally replete recipes and meal plans for a healthy conception and pregnancy.
- Addressing and treating stress and any mood fluctuations
Seeing a Naturopath while you are going through IVF or ART may benefit your fertility in the following ways:
Complementary Medicine may help with:
- Poor egg quality in older women
- Poor ovarian response due to premature ovarian insufficiency
- Thin uterine lining
- Issues with embryo implantation
- Low Progesterone
- Oestrogen dominance
- And any other underlying reproductive health conditions such as endometriosis, PCOS, Adenomyosis, Fibroids, recurrent miscarriage, blood-clotting and immunological disorders
Some of the Naturopathic solutions provided to address your fertility concerns may include the following:
- Herbal Medicine tinctures or tablets.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation
- Nutrition and Dietary recommendations.
- Flower Essences
- Gentle encouragement of necessary lifestyle changes