General Health | Musculo-Skeletal Pain Relief Fertility Services | Pregnancy Care
A natural approach to achieving and maintaining great health.
In broad terms Naturopathy involves the use of different types of remedies that are derived from nature that are used to treat an individual. As a qualified Naturopath, Nutritionist and Medical Herbalist I combine facets of all three to create your personalised treatment plan.
Naturopathy is a holistic system of health that involves a thorough information gathering process to identify the underlying causes of your particular health concern.
Time is taken during a consult to get to know you and your physical, mental and emotional health picture. Any blood tests that have been run by a GP will be thoroughly examined in an attempt to find the clues that are driving your health challenges.
If needed other functional medicine tests may also be advised such as :
- G.I. Mapping to uncover more information about digestive disorders.
- IgG Food Intolerance Testing to ascertain whether certain foods may be contributing to your health issues.
- HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis) to determine the presence of heavy metals or mineral deficiencies which is especially important for couples trying to conceive.
- Salivary Hormone Profile testing to uncover imbalances in sex hormones or adrenal dysfunction.
- In depth Thyroid testing when standard pathology isn't sufficient to uncover thyroid disturbances.
Other more traditional Naturopathic testing such as blood pressure monitoring as well as nails, tongue and iris examination may be also be conducted.
Further to this in house testing for zinc and blood glucose as well as Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA) may also be run if deemed necessary.
BIA is an assessment tool that can tell us the following:-
- The rate at which the cells in the body are ageing
- Whether the current body fat, muscle and water composition of an individual is ideal
- What your biological age is
- What the integrity of the health of the cells in your body is like
- Whether or not inflammation is present in the body
- Whether the fat distribution in an individual is within the normal range.
- May provide indicators for Cardio -Vascular risk.
Some of the Naturopathic solutions provided to address your health concerns may include the following:
- Herbal Medicine tinctures or tablets.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation
- Nutrition and Dietary recommendations.
- Flower Essences
- Gentle encouragement of lifestyle behaviours.