Naturopathy is a holistic system of health that involves a thorough information gathering process to identify the underlying causes of your particular health concern.
Time is taken during a consult to get to know you and your physical, mental and emotional health picture.
Any blood tests that have been run by a GP will be thoroughly examined in an attempt to find the clues that are driving your health challenges.
Other more traditional Naturopathic testing such as blood pressure monitoring as well as nails, tongue and iris examination may be also be conducted.
Further to this in house testing for zinc and blood glucose as well as Bio Impedance Analysis (BIA) may also be run if deemed necessary.
BIA is an assessment tool that can tell us the following:-
- The rate at which the cells in the body are ageing
- Whether the current body fat, muscle and water composition of an individual is ideal
- What your biological age is
- What the integrity of the health of the cells in your body is like
- Whether or not inflammation is present in the body
- Whether the fat distribution in an individual is within the normal range.
- May provide indicators for Cardio -Vascular risk.
- Your Naturopath may also ask to have extra blood tests run as well as other functional medicine testing such as IgG food intolerance panels, Bio-compatibility Hair Test 500, Comprehensive Stool Analysis etc.
Some of the Naturopathic solutions provided to address your health concerns may include the following:
- Herbal Medicine tinctures or tablets.
- Vitamin and Mineral Supplementation
- Nutrition and Dietary recommendations.
- Flower Essences
- Gentle encouragement of lifestyle behaviours.